19 October 2010

Stressed? Brush your teeth

Have been so stressed out these past weeks that I find myself brushing my teeth more often than necessary. It's actually a stress reliever I discovered over 12 years ago courtesy of my then fiancĂ© now hubby. No kidding, it works wonders. I was in a snit at that time and he suggested that I brush my teeth. And I go, "What?!" He assured me it works. I obeyed and came out of the bathroom all smiles. 


I know. Strange how some peppermint-flavored toothpaste and circular strokes in and around your teeth and mouth can do wonders. Well, the toothpaste flavor actually doesn't matter but sure helps if it's your favorite one. It's the clean mouth afterwards that brings the relief. 


I even suggested it to an officemate during my pre-homebased job days. Naturally, she gave me the are-you-pulling-my-leg look. But I suppose she was so stressed she actually tried it. Tadaah! Gave me the all smiles and a "Thanks, Boh."  She was in awe how a little morning ritual done out of schedule can provide stress relief.


Try it. I still haven't figured out why it does but it always works for me.

4 comments:

Jayred said...

Hey, that's some great tip! I will try it now...as in NOW. LOL

Jayred said...

Thanks for the tip, by the way.

BOH said...

Jayred, you're welcome. lol... hope it works for you too.

Unknown said...

I totally agree!!! Brushing does make you feel better.